What you’ll need…to accessorize your bookcase:
- - Some great books…preferably on subjects on which you’re passionate.
- - Something from nature…rocks and fossils can be sculptural too. Never underestimate the impact an amethyst geode can have in a room.
- - Something personal…photos of family and friends in timeless picture frames such as sterling silver, saddle leather…
- - Something purchased from your travels…I always buy a souvenir that’s unique to the culture of the country I’m visiting. Over time, you begin to amass a collection of interesting objects that have history and that hold memories for you.
- - Something with a sense of humor…I don’t believe in taking decorating too seriously. You should buy what you love, even if it’s a crab carved out of bone that you have nicknamed “Crab Cakes” or a pair of silver hippos that just had your name on them.